hbase-user mailing list archives

From Richard Tang <tristartom.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems using unqualified hostname on hbase
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 16:19:18 GMT
Hello, everyone,
I have problems using hbase based on unqualified hostname. My ``hbase``
runs  in a cluster and ``hdfs`` on another cluster. While using fully
qualified name on ``hbase``, for properties like ``hbase.rootdir`` and
``hbase.zookeeper.quorum``, there is no problem. But when I change them to
be shorter unqualified names, like ``node4`` and ``node2``, (which are
resolved to local ip address by ``/etc/hosts``, like ````), the
hbase cluster begin to throw ``Connect refused`` messages. Anyone encounter
same problem here?What is the possible reason behind all theses? Thanks.