hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jerry Lam <chiling...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: key design
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 16:55:19 GMT

So you are saying you have ~3TB of data stored per day?

Using the second approach, all data for one day will go to only 1
regionserver no matter what you do because HBase doesn't split a single

Using the first approach, data will spread across regionservers but there
will be hotspotted to each regionserver during write since this is a
time-series problem.

Best Regards,