hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Juan P." <gordoslo...@gmail.com>
Subject Bulk Loads and Updates
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 19:35:02 GMT
Hi guys,
I've been reading up on bulk load using MapReduce jobs and I wanted to
validate something.

If I the input I wanted to load into HBase produced the same key for
several lines. How will HBase handle that?

I understand the MapReduce job will create StoreFiles which the region
servers just pick up and make available to the users. But is there a
validation to treat the first as insert and the rest as updates?

What about the limit on the number of versions of a key HBase can have? If
I want to have 10 versions, but the bulk load has 20 values for the same
key, will it only keep the last 10?

Thanks,
Juan