hbase-user mailing list archives

From chris Behin <chrisbehi...@gmail.com>
Subject Does TotalOrderPartitioner refresh its partitions selection tree
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 17:33:32 GMT
Hil all,

I am reading TotalOrderPartitioner code to understand its structure,

As I understood ( correct me if I am wrong ) TotalOrderPartitioner.setConf
method reads splitPoints from partFile via readPartitions method
( TotalOrderPartitioner.java line 82 )
and creates a buildTrie or BinarySearchNode according to this partition
information ( TotalOrderPartitioner.java line 97 and 108 )

I wonder what happens if regions are changed during the execution of
mapreduce job. Is it a problem?
Because TotalOrderPartitioner does not refresh its partitioner during its
execution ( as I understand ).

You may say that this is an exception case and the possibility is low,
I just ask for understanding the mechanism..

best regards...