hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: ways to make orders when it puts
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 15:19:11 GMT
Silly question. Why do you care how your data is being stored?

Does it matter if the data is stored in rows where A1,A2, A3 are the order of the keys, or
if its A3,A1,A2 ?

If you say that you want to store the rows in order based on entry time, you're going to also
have to deal with a little nasty problem of hot spotting along with your regions being only
half full post spilt.

On Oct 4, 2012, at 3:54 AM, JUN YOUNG KIM <juneng603@me.com> wrote:

> hi, hbase users.
> I am wondering how we can make orders when we put under multiple threads.
> I mean that
> threads are working like this
> thread1 puts A1 (rowkey)
> thread2 puts A2
> thread3 puts A3
> by unexpected working time order,
> thread1 puts earlier than thread2.
> thread3 puts earlier than thread1.
> yes, I know that hbase will store it in-order like A1 -> A2 -> A3
> but, how could I store my datas by write-times like A3 -> A1 -> A2
> If I could insert timestamp value before A#, the situations I described could be also
> any ideas??
> (you can change row key structure if you can satisfy conditions I want to archive.)
> thanks for your concerns.

View raw message