hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pankaj Misra <pankaj.mi...@impetus.co.in>
Subject HBase Issue after Namenode Formating
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 15:35:00 GMT
Hi All,

I have been using HBase 0.94.1 with Hadoop 0.23.1. I had the complete setup in a pseudo-distributed
mode, and was running fine.

Today I had to reset and reformat the namenode and clear all the data as well to have a fresh
run, but since then Hbase is not working as expected. For instance I am able to list the tables
but cannot create new one, it reports that Master is initializing, as seen from the exception

hbase(main):004:0> create 'testrun','samplecf'

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PleaseHoldException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PleaseHoldException:
Master is initializing
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.checkInitialized(HMaster.java:1626)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.createTable(HMaster.java:1154)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.WritableRpcEngine$Server.call(WritableRpcEngine.java:364)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:1400)

In order to resolve this I have even tried to delete the root so that hbase can recreate it
fresh. HBase is able to recreate the ROOT but this issue persists. I am also not able to connect
via native java client, as it does not get reference of the Master.

Calling for help, as I think I am missing something here.

Thanks and Regards
Pankaj Misra

Impetus Ranked in the Top 50 India's Best Companies to Work For 2012.

Impetus webcast 'Designing a Test Automation Framework for Multi-vendor Interoperable Systems'
available at http://lf1.me/0E/.

or interference.