hbase-user mailing list archives

From Erman Pattuk <ermanpat...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with Rest Java Client
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 17:04:24 GMT

I have started using HBase Rest Java client as a part of my project. I
see that it may have a problem with the Delete operation.
For a given Delete object, if you apply deleteColumn(family, qualifier)
on it, all matching qualifiers are deleted instead of the latest

In order to recreate the problem:

1 - Create table tab1, with family fam1.
2 - Through shell, insert two values, as:
     row1, fam1, q1, val1
     row1, fam1, q1, val2
3 - Through Rest Java client:
     Delete delItem = new Delete(Bytes.toBytes("row1"));
     delItem.deleteColumn(Bytes.toBytes("fam1"), Bytes.toBytes("q1"));
4 - All q1 values are deleted, instead of the latest q1 value, which is

Is that an expected result?

View raw message