hbase-user mailing list archives

From Marcos Ortiz <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: Zookeeper error in case of multinode hbase cluster
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 13:48:30 GMT
Can you send to us the jps output in your master and slave nodes?
It seems that you Zookeeper service is not working

In distributed clusters, is a recommended practice to keep the Zookeeper
quorum outside from you
HBase Master node.

On 10/08/2012 09:43 AM, Bharadwaj Yadati wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created 2 node hbase cluster with master and a slave .When i try to list
> the tables present in hbase  from master and slave , its working fine .But
> ,if i tried scaning the table or creating a new table or scanning after
> this, i 'm getting the following errors
>
> error 1: (in master)
>
> 12/10/08 18:53:31 ERROR zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: ZooKeeper exists
> failed after 3 retries
> 12/10/08 18:53:31 WARN zookeeper.ZKUtil: hconnection Unable to set watcher
> on znode /hbase/master  ---
>
> error 2 :(in master)
>
> ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: Retried 7 times
>
> error 3 : ( in slave )
>
> ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.
> PleaseHoldException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PleaseHoldException: Master is
> initializing
>
> Here is some help for this command:
> Create table; pass table name, a dictionary of specifications per
> column family, and optionally a dictionary of table configuration.
> Dictionaries are described below in the GENERAL NOTES section.
>

> My zookeeper configuration in hbase-env.sh is
> export HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=true
>

> Please help me out in solving it .
>
> Thanks,
> Bharadwaj

> http://www.uci.cu

Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda
*Data Engineer && Sr. System Administrator at UCI*
My Blog <http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com>
Tumblr's blog <http://marcosortiz.tumblr.com/>

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci