hbase-user mailing list archives

From de Souza Medeiros Andre <andre.medei...@aalto.fi>
Subject RE: HAcid: multi-row transactions in HBase
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 14:48:36 GMT
Hi Lars,

That's an interesting observation, I haven't thought before about scans in HAcid. Your suggestion
for a solution is really close to what I would do: implement HAcidScan as a HBase Scan that
filters according to the cache column.

Thanks, I will add this feature to the to do list.

-- Andre Medeiros

From: lars hofhansl [lhofhansl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 03:53
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Cc: larsh@apache.org
Subject: Re: HAcid: multi-row transactions in HBase

Interesting stuff Andre.

I noticed you do not deal with scans. I suppose this is because it is hard to do scans touching
many rows efficiently with client only code.
This can probably be handled with an HBase Filter on the Scan, which filters as much as it
can based on the cache you maintain in the per-table column and then post filter the remaining
rows at the client (by inspecting the global TimestampTable).

-- Lars