hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Spiegle <m...@nauticaltech.com>
Subject How do I test SampleRegionWALObserver?
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 11:56:05 GMT
I'm using CDH4, but I'd imagine that the steps would be similar for upstream HBase.  I've already
got the tests JAR file loaded as part of my classpath.  I also have the following in my hbase-site.xml:

When I start HBase, the following shows up in my logs:
# grep Sample /var/log/hbase/hbase-hbase-regionserver-hbase01.log
2012-10-24 13:06:13,126 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.CoprocessorHost: System coprocessor
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.SampleRegionWALObserver was loaded successfully with priority

However, when I 'PUT' new rows in my table, I see no log entries show up for SampleRegionWALObserver.
 After looking at the SampleRegionWALObserver code, it seems that I need to call setTestValues()
in order to get preWALWrite() to execute the rest of the code.  I think this is something
that I might be able to accomplish via the 'hbase shell', but I can't figure out how. Can
anyone help point me in the right direction?

For reference, this is the code I'm looking at:

Michael Spiegle
View raw message