hbase-user mailing list archives

From Devin Bayer <luncht...@doubly.so>
Subject How well does HBase handle heterogeneous clusters?
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 12:46:02 GMT
Hi everyone,

We are planning to expand our Hadoop/HBase cluster and have been researching the consequences
of adding more powerful nodes on HBase performance. As far as I have been able to determine,
HBase balances load evenly across nodes, regardless of server performance. So this could result
in the old systems being overloaded while the new ones site idle.

Are our assumptions correct or is there a load balancer that could take full advantage or
newer, bigger hardware alongside our current systems?

Thanks a lot!
Devin Bayer
RIPE NCC