hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HAcid: multi-row transactions in HBase
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 01:02:39 GMT
He mentions Omid in his thesis :)

----- Original Message -----
From: Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodnetic@gmail.com>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Monday, October 1, 2012 5:57 PM
Subject: Re: HAcid: multi-row transactions in HBase

Hi Andre,

Thank you for sharing your work.  Have you seen
http://search-hadoop.com/m/yOnkdZ1aGl and can you describe how HAcid
compares?

Thanks,
Otis

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM, de Souza Medeiros Andre
<andre.medeiros@aalto.fi> wrote:

> I'm glad to finally announce an HBase addon that I have been working on.
>
> HAcid is a client library that enables HBase applications to execute ACID transactions
with Snapshot Isolation. It's purpose is similar to Google Percolator for Bigtable. The library
is open-source under Apache 2 license.

> http://staltz.blogspot.fi/2012/10/hacid-multi-row-transactions-in-hbase.html
>
> It might still be rough around the edges, so please let me know about bugs and issues
(e.g., in the bitbucket repo). And let me know if HAcid was somehow useful to you.