hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HAcid: multi-row transactions in HBase
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 00:53:45 GMT
Interesting stuff Andre.

I noticed you do not deal with scans. I suppose this is because it is hard to do scans touching
many rows efficiently with client only code.
This can probably be handled with an HBase Filter on the Scan, which filters as much as it
can based on the cache you maintain in the per-table column and then post filter the remaining
rows at the client (by inspecting the global TimestampTable).

-- Lars

----- Original Message -----
From: de Souza Medeiros Andre <andre.medeiros@aalto.fi>
To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, October 1, 2012 4:12 PM
Subject: HAcid: multi-row transactions in HBase

Hello all at this mailing list,

I'm glad to finally announce an HBase addon that I have been working on.

HAcid is a client library that enables HBase applications to execute ACID transactions with
Snapshot Isolation. It's purpose is similar to Google Percolator for Bigtable. The library
is open-source under Apache 2 license.

http://staltz.blogspot.fi/2012/10/hacid-multi-row-transactions-in-hbase.html

It might still be rough around the edges, so please let me know about bugs and issues (e.g.,
in the bitbucket repo). And let me know if HAcid was somehow useful to you.

Thanks,
Andre Medeiros
http://about.me/andrestaltz