hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop Sam John <anoo...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: connect to the region from coprocessor
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 09:20:18 GMT
Hi
    To your prePut() method you are getting an ObserverContext argument. From this you can
easily get a ref to the current region.
ctx.getEnvironment().getRegion()
Directly make calls to this region object. Creation of the HTable instance and making a get()
will be too much unwanted overhead.

-Anoop-
From: Wei Tan [wtan@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:05 AM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: connect to the region from coprocessor

Hi,

In my preput coprocessor I would like to get the old value of the row been
input. Now I am creating a HTable instance and using the get interface;
function wise it works fine. Given the row is physically in the same
region as the cp, is there any lightweight approach doing that?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Wei