hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Fuad Efendi" <f...@efendi.ca>
Subject RE: Lucene instead of HFiles?
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2012 02:41:37 GMT
If you don't like HFiles, and prefer Solr instead, consider Map. It is very
: -  )

What about EhCache? Still synchronized?......... use LinkedHashMap......

You just need "inverted table" for a search by secondary index, and you are
comparing Lucene with HTable... wow... everything depends on use case... I
prefer auxiliary tables in HBase with extra fastest FIFO in-memory caches,
and if I don't need transactions - I don't use them...

-----Original Message-----
From: Fuad Efendi [mailto:fuad@efendi.ca]
Sent: October-05-12 10:35 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: RE: Lucene instead of HFiles?

Lucene sucks with traditional "secondary indices" for traditional tables...
engineering overhead, too much... and you indeed already have kind of
"secondary indices" with HFile and Bloom Filter structure... just design
"secondary" Bloom filters etc.......

Yes, Lucene/Solr already implement this functionality. But we can improve it
for "non-tokenized" secondary indices.

View raw message