hbase-user mailing list archives

From Norbert Burger <norbert.bur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase UI missing region list for active/functioning table
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 17:33:36 GMT
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Srinivas Mupparapu
<j2eearchitect@gmail.com> wrote:
> It scans .META. table just like any other table. I just tested it and it
> produced the expected output.

I'm pretty sure Srinivas scanned .META. in his own environment, not mine.  ;-)

>  On Sep 10, 2012 12:19 PM, "Stack" <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>> What happens if you scan .META. in shell?
>>
>> hbase> scan ".META."
>>
>> Does it all show?

Thanks, Stack.  Strangely, all regions do show up in .META.  The table
in question has 256 regions, and all are listed as rowkeys in .META.
Perhaps there's a column missing from region definitions which is
preventing the UI from rendering the regions?  I'll dig through the
code, but are there specific columns known to be expected the UI?

Fwiw, this particular table was the result of a rename_table.rb
attempt that didn't go as smoothly as I would've liked.  I had to dig
through .META. and resolve inconsistencies.

Norbert