hbase-user mailing list archives

From Rita <rmorgan...@gmail.com>
Subject time series question
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 01:09:07 GMT
Yet another time series questions.

I have an issue where my row key will be the same but I will have multiple
versions of the data. I dont need only the last one instead I need all X
number of versions. Here I have 3 different versions.

sensor,time,v1,v2,v3
c04,0930001,0,0,0
c04,0930001,0,4,0
c04,0930001,0,4,3

key=sensor+time
cf=d
cf:v1
cf:v2
cf:v3

I plan to query, like this. At 093001 was was the v1  of c04? same for v2
and v3?

I dont want to use the native Hbase version feature because some sensors
have more than 100 different, ¨ticks¨ and I would like to keep track of all
of them.  Perhaps, I should change my key to include sensor+time+v value?
Any thoughts or clever schemas I can use?