hbase-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Ruchovets <oruchov...@gmail.com>
Subject bulk loading regions number
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 08:19:33 GMT
Hi ,
  I am using bulk loading to write my data to hbase.

I works fine , but number of regions growing very rapidly.
Entering ONE WEEK of data I got  200 regions (I am going to save years of
data).
As a result job which writes data to HBase has REDUCERS number equals
REGIONS number.
So entering only one WEEK of data I have 200 reducers.

Questions:
   How to resolve the problem of constantly growing reducers number using
bulk loading and TotalOrderPartition.
 I have 10 machine cluster and I think I should have ~ 30 reducers.

Thank in advance.
Oleg.