hbase-user mailing list archives

From Eugeny Morozov <emoro...@griddynamics.com>
Subject Re: Distribution of regions to servers
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 21:19:03 GMT
Dan,

I have additional questions.
What is the access pattern of your queries? I mean that f.e. PrefixFilters
have to be applied for all KeyValue pairs in HFiles, which could be slow.
Or f.e. scanner setCaching option is able to decrease number of network
hops to get data from RegionServer.

Additionally, coprocessors are able to use InternalScanner instead of
ResultScanner, which is also could help greatly.

Also, the more dimension you specify, the more precise your query is, the
less data is about to be processed - family, columns, timeranges, etc.

--
Evgeny Morozov
Developer Grid Dynamics