hbase-user mailing list archives

From Neil Yalowitz <neilyalow...@gmail.com>
Subject replication - how do I know the status?
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 20:18:14 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using HBase replication between two clusters running CDH3u3 and I
recently noticed that a replicated column family was "lagging" by more than
a day... that is, it required more than 24 hours for a Put to replicate
from master to slave.  The root cause of the lag appears to be swapping and
other bad behavior.

The real question I have is this: how do I know the state of replication at
any given time?  Does a large amount of data in /hbase/.logs indicate that
replication is falling behind?  What about /hbase/.oldlogs which seems to
grow forever?  What red flags should I look for to tell me that there is a
problem with replication?

Neil Yalowitz
neilyalowitz@gmail.com