hbase-user mailing list archives

From Richard Tang <tristartom.t...@gmail.com>
Subject connection error to remote hbase node
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2012 13:38:09 GMT
Hi, I have a connection problem on setting up hbase on remote node. The
``hbase`` instance is on a machine ``nodeA``. when I am trying to use hbase
on ``nodeA`` from another machine (say ``nodeB``), it complains

> Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection
and attempting reconnect

Also, I used hbase shell from ``nodeB`` to test hbase against ``nodeA``,
but still without success. In the shell, when issuing ``list``, it gets
stuck there...

To diagnose, I can however run following test program with success.
1.zkcli utility can be tested against zookeeper on ``ndoeA``, as

> ./bin/hbase zkcli -server nodeA:2181

2.I can also successfully ``ssh`` to the node, like ``ssh -X root@nodeA``.
What could possibly be the reason for that error?