hbase-user mailing list archives

From Richard Tang <tristartom.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Zookeeper have error msg "Session 0x0 for server null" when setting distributed hbase cluster
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 16:09:04 GMT
Hi, All,
I have some problems in setting up distributed hbase cluster. My setup is a
3-node hbase cluster, (node3 for hmaster and zk, and node4/5 for
regionservers). It is attached with a 3-node hdfs cluster (node 6 for
namenode, and node7/8 for datanodes). Passphrase-less ssh have been setup
from node3 to node4 (and from node3 to node5) and from node6 to node7 (and
from node6 to node8).

When I start hbase from node3, I have following error found in hbase log
files.

@node3
2012-09-18 08:23:11,523 INFO
org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor: Got user-level
KeeperException when processing sessionid:0x139d9c2d4a50000 type:create
cxid:0x8 zxid:0x1d3 txntype:-1 reqpath:n/a Error Path:/hbase/master
Error:KeeperErrorCode = NodeExists for /hbase/master

@node4
2012-09-18 08:23:27,328 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x0
for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting
reconnect
        at
sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:592)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:286)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1035)
2012-09-18 08:23:27,429 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: Possibly transient
ZooKeeper exception:
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase/master
2012-09-18 08:23:27,429 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: ZooKeeper exists
failed after 3 retries
2012-09-18 08:23:27,429 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil:
regionserver:60020 Unable to set watcher on znode /hbase/master
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase/master
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:99)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.exists(ZooKeeper.java:1021)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper.exists(RecoverableZooKeeper.java:154)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil.watchAndCheckExists(ZKUtil.java:226)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperNodeTracker.start(ZooKeeperNodeTracker.java:76)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.initializeZooKeeper(HRegionServer.java:563)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.preRegistrationInitialization(HRegionServer.java:532)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.run(HRegionServer.java:634)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

I have managed to run hbase under single-node configuration (with the same
system setup), without problems. Please let me know the possible cause or
howto for approaching the problem cause.

Regards,
Richard