hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tom Brown <tombrow...@gmail.com>
Subject Usage of the task monitor
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 16:02:52 GMT
Hi all,

I was having some odd server pauses that appeared to be related to my
usage of a coprocessor endpoint. To help me monitor these, I attempted
to use the task monitor; Now I've got a memory leak and I suspect it's
because I'm not correctly marking each monitored task as completed
(YourKit shows that the majority of the memory is taken up by char[]s
that contain the statuses of my tasks).

I was unable to find good documentation about monitored tasks, so I
inferred that calling either "markComplete" or "abort" on each task
would be sufficient. Can anybody tell me the right way to clean up
these items?  Is there a right way?

Thanks in advance!

--Tom