hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jerry Lam <chiling...@gmail.com>
Subject How to specify empty value in HBase shell
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 14:31:05 GMT
Hi HBase Community:

I have been struggling to find a way to specify empty value/empty column
qualifier in the hbase shell, but unsuccessful.

I google it, nothing comes up. I don't know JRuby so that might be why. Do
you know how?

Example:

scan 'Table',  {COLUMNS => 'cf:'} // note that the column family is cf and
the column qualifier is empty (i.e. new byte[0])

The above query will return all columns instead of the empty one.

I need only the values associated with the empty column qualifier. Please
help ~

Jerry