hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alberto Cordioli <cordioli.albe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Hadoop and /etc/hosts file
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 14:56:34 GMT
Artem, it's the exact problem I have.
How did you solve it?

Alberto

On 21 September 2012 14:18, Artem Ervits <are9004@nyp.org> wrote:
> Actually, it is an hbase question. I faced same issue when I was testing recovery with
hadoop 1 and I had a semi finished hbase cluster setup. The start up guide for hbase says
to add 127.0.0.1 so when I did that on another node and started hadoop using that node as
name node, hadoop would only see that node running on localhost and not on the static ip.
The datanodes would not see the name node either. It is kind of confusing that hadoop wants
it one way and hbase requires it the way hadoop won't work.

> Artem Ervits
> Data Analyst
> New York Presbyterian Hospital

may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient,

> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and
may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient,

Alberto Cordioli