hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Arati !" <arati.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject HMaster construction failing over SASL authentication issue.
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 06:18:38 GMT
Hi,

I was running my HBase-Hadoop setup just fine with HBase 0.92.0 and Hadoop
1.0.1.on 3 nodes

Recently upgraded to HBase-0.94.1 and Hadoop-1.0.3.

Since i was running a trial environment I hadnt added my machines to a DNS.
Now after the version change, the HRegionServer processes began failing
over not being able to reverse look up the IPs of my nodes.

So I got that worked out and added the servers onto the DNS. After which im
getting the foloowing SASL exceptions.

Am I missing something?

Upon start-up all the processes are up but the logs indicate "failed
construction of HMaster".

Can I disable SASL authentication?

2012-09-13 19:27:12,720 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening
socket connection to server /10.12.19.110:2181
2012-09-13 19:27:12,722 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: The identifier of
this process is 17868@test110
2012-09-13 19:27:12,731 WARN
org.apache.zookeeper.client.ZooKeeperSaslClient: SecurityException:
java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to locate a login configuration
occurred when trying to find JAAS configuration.
2012-09-13 19:27:12,731 INFO
org.apache.zookeeper.client.ZooKeeperSaslClient: Client will not
SASL-authenticate because the default JAAS configuration section 'Client'
could not be found. If you are not using SASL, you may ignore this. On the
other hand, if you expected SASL to work, please fix your JAAS
configuration.
2012-09-13 19:27:12,737 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x0
for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting
reconnect
    at
sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:567)
    at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:286)
    at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1035)

Thanks,

Arati Patro