hbase-user mailing list archives

From Zhimao Guo <guozhi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Random Read Performance
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 08:53:23 GMT
Anyone had a rough measurement of random read/write perf and throughput?

Assume a typical machines/workload, the region server has 5GB for memtable,
further assume each key (20 bytes) has 100 bytes value (for simplicity,
just one cf, one column).
Further assume workload is against a single region on this region server.
What is the latency/throughput of write-only workload? (assume all are
update ops, no insert ops, and updates on different keys are uniformly
distributed)
What is the latency/throughput of read-only workload? (assume lookup on
different keys are uniformly distributed)

Really want to get more sense of perf number of hbase for key/value
scenario.

Sorry, further assume clients are multi-processed, multi-threaded, which
can generate large enough concurrent requests before the network is
saturated.

best,
-zhimao