hbase-user mailing list archives

From anil gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BigDecimalColumnInterpreter
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 15:35:43 GMT
This ColumnInterpreter is required at the server side. You need to put the
jar into the classpath of regionservers. HBase picks up all the jar under
$hbase_home/lib folder. So you can put the jar containing the BDCI class in
this folder. Please make sure that in your client side you are referencing
the correct BDCI class(the full name of class at server side should match
with the ColumnInterpreter class you reference on client side). Once you
put the jar into lib folder then you will need to restart the cluster once
so that the regionserver will the load the jar containing BDCI.

Basically you just need to put the utility class(which i sent a couple of
weeks ago) into a jar, copy the jar into lib folder, restart the cluster,
and then run the utility. It should work.

Hope it's clear this time.

Thanks,
Anil Gupta

--