hbase-user mailing list archives

From anil gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BigDecimalColumnInterpreter
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 17:19:58 GMT
Hi Julian,

You need to add the column qualifier explicitly in the scanner. You have
only added the column family in the scanner.
I am also assuming that you are writing a ByteArray of BigDecimal object as
value of these cells in HBase. Is that right?

Thanks,
Anil

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 2:28 AM, Julian Wissmann <julian.wissmann@sdace.de>wrote:

> [...]
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.ExecRPCInvoker$1@7bd6747b,
> java.io.IOException:
> IPC server unable to read call parameters: Error in readFields
>
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ServerCallable.withRetries(ServerCallable.java:183)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.ExecRPCInvoker.invoke(ExecRPCInvoker.java:79)
> at $Proxy7.getSum(Unknown Source)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.coprocessor.AggregationClient$4.call(AggregationClient.java:263)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.coprocessor.AggregationClient$4.call(AggregationClient.java:260)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation$4.call(HConnectionManager.java:1422)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
> at

> at

> Interestingly, the RegionServer-log doesn't give me any errors, here, just
> some info stuff, that suggests it was actually doing something.
> Did you implement readFields() and write(), then as Ted suggested?
>

> 2012/9/5 anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com>
>
> > Hi Julian,
> >
> > Sorry for wrong reference to the aggregation client class in my previous
> > email. Here is the right
> > class:org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.coprocessor.AggregationClient.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Anil
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Julian,
> > >
> > > I have been running the same class on my distributed cluster for
> > > aggregation. It has been working fine. The only difference is that i
> use
> > > the methods provided incom.intuit.ihub.hbase.poc.aggregation.client.
> > > AggregationClient class. IMHO, you don't need to define an Endpoint for
> > > using the BigDecimalColumnInterpreter.
> > >
> > > You need to use methods of AggregationClient:
> > > sum(Bytes.toBytes(tableName), ci, scan), avg(final byte[] tableName,
> > final
> > > ColumnInterpreter<R, S> ci, Scan scan), etc.
> > >
> > > In the above method you just need to pass the
> > BigDecimalColumnInterpreter,
> > > Scan object and Byte Array of TableName. It should work. Let me know if
> > it
> > > doesn't work this way.*
> > > *
> > > Thanks,
> > > Anil Gupta
> > > *
> > > *

> too
> > it.
> > dataset
> but
> comes

> Bytes.toBytes(BigDecimal.valueOf(Double.parseDouble(cData[2])));

work with it as
> is,

I'd need to have

{
> [...]
> > readFields
Error in
> > readFields
Error in
> > readFields
Error in
> > readFields
Error in
> > readFields

> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ServerCallable.withRetries(ServerCallable.java:183)
> > >> > > > > > >

> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.ExecRPCInvoker.invoke(ExecRPCInvoker.java:79)
> > >> > > > > > >

> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.coprocessor.AggregationClient$4.call(AggregationClient.java:263)
> > >> > > > > > >

> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.coprocessor.AggregationClient$4.call(AggregationClient.java:260)
> > >> > > > > > >

> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation$4.call(HConnectionManager.java:1422)
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)

wrong. Does

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta