hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bishop <jbishop....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tuning HBase for random reads
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 16:05:25 GMT
I am using block size in HDFS of 64MB - the default I believe. I'll try
something smaller, say 16MB or even 4MB.

I'll also give bloom filters a try, but I don't believe that will help
because I have so few columns. Isn't bloom filtering for quick reject for
large number of columns in a row?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Jon