hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: hbase cluster high loads
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 04:16:59 GMT
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Yusup Ashrap <aphawk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Otis  thanks for reply,
> servers are identical in terms of hardware, jvm.
> right now I cannot afford to restart my any machines, it's in the
> production environment :D.
> I will give a shot for some other clusters some time later.

What about the other questions Otis asked about what your monitoring
software shows is going on on the cluster (opentsdb, ganglia, Otis's
suggested SPM, etc.)?

Is that hbase 0.90.2 or 0.92.0?

What metrics do you paste?  A master or a regionserver?  At what time?

When it is load 30, anything else running?  A mapreduce job?  Any
other process?  A cron?

What is the loading like?  It looks like you are taking writes and
then you need to flush a bunch of regions because you are carrying too
many WALs.

You are flushing lots of small files.  Are you doing a lot of
compacting when the load is high?  Are you using all defaults?

St.Ack