hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Is there a way to replicate root and meta table in HBase?
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 22:07:15 GMT
On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Gen Liu <geliu@zynga.com> wrote:
> We are running into a case that if the region server that serves meta table is down,
all request will timeouts because region lookup is not available.

Only requests to .META. fail (and most of the time, .META. info is
cached so should be relatively rare to do .META. lookups).  It should
not be all requests.

> It seems that regions that serve root and meta are the single point of failure in HBase.

They can be offline if a server crashes but they should be back on
line soon enough; is this not your experience?

> Is there a way to get rid of it? Does HBase give a higher recover priority to meta and
root table?

HBase gets .META. and -ROOT- back on line ahead of all other regions, yes.

View raw message