hbase-user mailing list archives

From Venkateswara Rao Dokku <dvrao....@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase clustering
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 06:56:32 GMT
Hi,
    I am completely new to Hbase. I want to cluster the Hbase on two
nodes.I installed hadoop,hbase on the two nodes & my conf files are as
given below.
*cat  conf/regionservers *
hbase-regionserver1
hbase-master
*cat conf/masters *
hadoop-namenode
* cat conf/slaves *
hadoop-datanode1
*vim conf/hdfs-site.xml *
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- Put site-specific property overrides in this file. -->

<configuration>
<property>
        <name>dfs.replication</name>
        <value>2</value>
        <description>Default block replication.The actual number of
replications can be specified when the file is created. The default is used
if replication is not specified in create time.
        </description>
</property>
<property>
        <name>dfs.support.append</name>
        <value>true</value>
        <description>Default block replication.The actual number of
replications can be specified when the file is created. The default is used
if replication is not specified in create time.
        </description>
</property>
</configuration>
*& finally my /etc/hosts file is *
127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.0.1       oc-PowerEdge-R610
10.2.32.48  hbase-master hadoop-namenode
10.240.13.35 hbase-regionserver1  hadoop-datanode1
 The above files are identical on both of the machines. The following are
the processes that are running on my m/c's when I ran start scripts in
hadoop as well as hbase
*hadoop-namenode:*
HQuorumPeer
HMaster
Main
HRegionServer
SecondaryNameNode
Jps
NameNode
JobTracker
*hadoop-datanode1:*

TaskTracker
Jps
DataNode
-- process information unavailable
Main
NC
HRegionServer

I can able to create,list & scan tables on the *hadoop-namenode* machine
using Hbase shell. But while trying to run the same on the  *
hadoop-datanode1 *machine I couldn't able to do it as I am getting
following error.
hbase(main):001:0> list
TABLE

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: Retried 7 times

Here is some help for this command:
List all tables in hbase. Optional regular expression parameter could
be used to filter the output. Examples:

  hbase> list
  hbase> list 'abc.*'
How can I list,scan the tables that are created by the *hadoop-namenode *
from the *hadoop-datanode1* machine. Similarly Can I create some tables on
*hadoop-datanode1 *& can I access them from the *hadoop-namenode * &
vice-versa as the data is distributed as this is a cluster.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Venkateswara Rao Dokku,