hbase-user mailing list archives

From Venkateswara Rao Dokku <dvrao....@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase Clustering
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:41:21 GMT
Hi,
      I am new to Hbase & I wanted to Cluster Hbase on 2 nodes. I put one
of my nodes as hadoop-namenodeas well as hbase-master & the other node as
hadoop-datanode1 as well as hbase-region-server1. I started hadoop cluster
as well as Hbase on the name-node side. They started fine. But when I try
to create tabes in Hbase shell I got the following error.

hbase(main):001:0> create 't1','f1'

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: Retried 7 times

Here is some help for this command:
Create table; pass table name, a dictionary of specifications per
column family, and optionally a dictionary of table configuration.
Dictionaries are described below in the GENERAL NOTES section.
Examples:

  hbase> create 't1', {NAME => 'f1', VERSIONS => 5}
  hbase> create 't1', {NAME => 'f1'}, {NAME => 'f2'}, {NAME => 'f3'}
  hbase> # The above in shorthand would be the following:
  hbase> create 't1', 'f1', 'f2', 'f3'
  hbase> create 't1', {NAME => 'f1', VERSIONS => 1, TTL => 2592000,
BLOCKCACHE => true}
  hbase> create 't1', 'f1', {SPLITS => ['10', '20', '30', '40']}
  hbase> create 't1', 'f1', {SPLITS_FILE => 'splits.txt'}

But I could see HMaster running with Jps. The below given are the processes
running on the name-node & datanode.
*NameNode:*
*
*
11578 HMaster
11476 HQuorumPeer
10921 TaskTracker
10246 NameNode
12430 Main
10746 JobTracker
12538 Jps
11798 HRegionServer
10618 SecondaryNameNode
10433 DataNode

*DataNode:*
*
*
2202 NC
10772 Jps
10495 TaskTracker
2112 -- process information unavailable
10697 HRegionServer
10331 DataNode

Could You please let me know whats wrong with my approach of creating
tables. Thanks for replying

P.S: forgot to mention I am using hadoop-0.20.2 & hbase-0.92.1 versions. So
to avoid version mismatches I copied the hadoop Jar file in hadoop
installation directory into habse/lib/ in all the cluster nodes.

--
Thanks & Regards,

Venkateswara Rao Dokku