hbase-user mailing list archives

From Venkateswara Rao Dokku <dvrao....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase clustering
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 12:50:56 GMT
Yes, I can see the region server running. The output of the jps command is
given below
*Hadoop-namenode:*
* *HQuorumPeer
 Main
 HMaster
 HRegionServer
 SecondaryNameNode
 Jps
 NameNode
 JobTracker
hadoop-datanode1:
TaskTracker
DataNode
 Jps
 Main
NC
HRegionServer

The complete error is given below.
hbase(main):003:0> scan 't1'
ROW                                COLUMN+CELL

12/09/27 17:54:42 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 17:55:44 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 17:56:46 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 17:57:48 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 17:58:52 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 17:59:55 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 18:01:00 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 18:02:01 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 18:03:03 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 18:04:05 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 18:05:07 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 18:06:10 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 18:07:13 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
12/09/27 18:08:19 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020

ERROR: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Call to
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020failed on socket timeout exception:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: 60000
millis timeout while waiting for channel to be ready for read. ch :
java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[connected
local=/127.0.0.1:33970remote=localhost/
127.0.0.1:60020]

Here is some help for this command:
Scan a table; pass table name and optionally a dictionary of scanner
specifications.  Scanner specifications may include one or more of:
TIMERANGE, FILTER, LIMIT, STARTROW, STOPROW, TIMESTAMP, MAXLENGTH,
or COLUMNS.

If no columns are specified, all columns will be scanned.
To scan all members of a column family, leave the qualifier empty as in
'col_family:'.

The filter can be specified in two ways:
1. Using a filterString - more information on this is available in the
Filter Language document attached to the HBASE-4176 JIRA
2. Using the entire package name of the filter.

Some examples:

  hbase> scan '.META.'
  hbase> scan '.META.', {COLUMNS => 'info:regioninfo'}
  hbase> scan 't1', {COLUMNS => ['c1', 'c2'], LIMIT => 10, STARTROW =>
'xyz'}
  hbase> scan 't1', {COLUMNS => 'c1', TIMERANGE => [1303668804, 1303668904]}
  hbase> scan 't1', {FILTER => "(PrefixFilter ('row2') AND (QualifierFilter
(>=, 'binary:xyz'))) AND (TimestampsFilter ( 123, 456))"}
  hbase> scan 't1', {FILTER =>
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter.ColumnPaginationFilter.new(1, 0)}

For experts, there is an additional option -- CACHE_BLOCKS -- which
switches block caching for the scanner on (true) or off (false).  By
default it is enabled.  Examples:

  hbase> scan 't1', {COLUMNS => ['c1', 'c2'], CACHE_BLOCKS => false}

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Stas Maksimov <maksimov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rao,
>
> Can you make sure your region server is actually running? You can use jps
> command to see Java processes, or a "ps ax |grep region".
>
> Thanks,
> Stas
>
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Venkateswara Rao Dokku <
> dvrao.584@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > When I try to scan the table that is created by hadoop-namenode in the
> > hadoop-datanode, I am getting the following error
> > 12/09/27 16:47:55 INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:
> > localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
> >
> > Could you please help me out in overcoming this problem.
> > Thanks for replying.
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Venkateswara Rao Dokku <
> > dvrao.584@gmail.com
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > I started the Hmaster on the hadoop-namenode. But I was not able to
> > access
> > > it from the hadoop-datanode. Could you please help me solving this
> > problem
> > > by sharing what are the possibilities for this to happen.

> > Then

> > the
> > is
> or