hbase-user mailing list archives

From jlei liu <liulei...@gmail.com>
Subject HDFS Local Read may lead to RegionServer read wrong data.
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:20:20 GMT
When using  local read, BlockReaderLocal class use "static Map<Integer,
LocalDatanodeInfo> localDatanodeInfoMap" property to store local block file
path and local meta file path. When I stop HDFS cluster or I kill the local
DataNode and delete file use "./hadoop dfs -rm path" command , the
RegionServer still can read the data form local file. I think that may lead
to RegionServer read wrong data. Because Local Read is not secure, so we
should not use local read in HBase, is that right?

Thanks,

LiuLei