hbase-user mailing list archives

From jlei liu <liulei...@gmail.com>
Subject when all index block are in block cahe , the scan should use random-read
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 09:03:55 GMT
I am using the Hbase0.94 version.

The scan use sequential read in Hbase0.94.

if all index block of one HFile are  in block cache , when user set start
key and stop key, we can use  *BlockIndexReader.seekToDataBlock(startKey)
and BlockIndexReader.seekToDataBlock(**stopKey) to receive offsets of start
data block and end data block, and then we can use the pread to implement
scan, I think that can improve scan performance.

*