hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stas Maksimov <maksi...@gmail.com>
Subject Help with troubleshooting the HBase replication setup
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 15:28:36 GMT
Hi there,

I'm trying to set up replication in master-slave mode between two clusters,
and when this works set up master-master replication. Following the
replication FAQ step-by-step, but I can't make it work and have no idea how
to troubleshoot. There seem to be given only one way to find out when it
works, this is to look for these in the region server logs:

Considering 1 rs, with ratio 0.1
Getting 1 rs from peer cluster # 0
Choosing peer 170.22.64.15:62020

Well, whatever I do, I can not see them. When I run add_peer nothing
happens. It's the week as I'm stuck with it -
stopping/starting/reinstalling my clusters, to no avail.

Both clusters are CDH4.0.1. I have hbase.replication=true on both clusters.
My table exists on both clusters. The family is marked with
REPLICATION_SCOPE=1 on both clusters. Machines in both of the clusters can
access each other machine.

Can anyone help please? Where do I look to understand what is wrong?
Setting logging to DEBUG in HBase doesn't give me anything apart from a lot
more noise.

Thanks,
Stas