hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jason Huang <jason.hu...@icare.com>
Subject Nested Entity Implementation?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 16:53:55 GMT
Hello,

I am designing a HBase table for user activity and I want to use a
nested entity to store the login information as following:

(1) Define a column qualifier named "user login" use this as a nested entity;

(2) This nested entity will have the following attributes:
     total # of login
     time of log in #1
     time of log in #2
     time of last log in

(3) Each attributes in the step above (except for the total # of
login) will be another nested entity, which will include the following
attributes:
     time of log out
     user log in IP
     browser used

My question is - is there any handy API that will allow us to write
these type of nested entity to the column in the table? I looked at
the HTable.put method but that appears to only accept a byte code as
input value. We could implement the nested entity to a class with
attributes and nested objects but I am not sure how to write these
data to the table.  I tried to search online but couldn't find any
good post talking about how to implement a nested entity (there are
some posts out there talking about using this type of design, though).

Thanks!

Jason