hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pankaj Misra <pankaj.mi...@impetus.co.in>
Subject HBase Multi-Threaded Writes
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:53:25 GMT
Dear All,

I have created 2 clients with multi-threading support to perform concurrent writes to HBase
with initial expectation that with multiple threads I should be able to write faster. The
clients that I created are using the Native HBase API and Thrift API.

To my surprise, the performance with multi-threaded clients dropped  for the both the clients
consistently when compared to single threaded ingestion. As I increase the number of threads
the writes performance degrades consistently. With a single thread ingestion both the clients
perform far better, but I intend to use HBase in a multi-threaded environment, wherein I am
facing challenges with the performance.

Since I am relatively new to HBase, please do excuse me if I am asking something very basic,
but any suggestions around this would be extremely helpful.

Thanks and Regards
Pankaj Misra

Impetus Ranked in the Top 50 India’s Best Companies to Work For 2012.

Impetus webcast ‘Designing a Test Automation Framework for Multi-vendor Interoperable Systems’
available at http://lf1.me/0E/.

or interference.