hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ravi Mutyala <r...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Hadoop and /etc/hosts file
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 22:06:26 GMT
If you are using VMs and /etc/hosts (not DNS), then it is a good idea to
disable DHCP and enable a static IP on the VMs.

Follow all the other steps in Harsh's document and it should work.
Remember that /etc/hosts should have the actual ip/hostname mapping, not
127.0.0.1 -> hostname mapping.

--
Ravi Mutyala
Systems Architect