hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dhaval Shah <prince_mithi...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re:: HMaster construction failing over SASL authentication issue.
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 11:30:57 GMT

Looking at your life, it seems like SASL is just.a warning/info message.. your real issue
is invalid zookeeper sessions.. Can you try stopping everything, delete zookeeper data dir
and data log dir and start.. Also are you running a version of zookeeper compatible with your
hbase version?

On Fri 14 Sep, 2012 11:48 AM IST Arati ! wrote:

>I was running my HBase-Hadoop setup just fine with HBase 0.92.0 and Hadoop
>1.0.1.on 3 nodes
>Recently upgraded to HBase-0.94.1 and Hadoop-1.0.3.
>Since i was running a trial environment I hadnt added my machines to a DNS.
>Now after the version change, the HRegionServer processes began failing
>over not being able to reverse look up the IPs of my nodes.
>So I got that worked out and added the servers onto the DNS. After which im
>getting the foloowing SASL exceptions.
>Am I missing something?
>Upon start-up all the processes are up but the logs indicate "failed
>construction of HMaster".
>Can I disable SASL authentication?
>2012-09-13 19:27:12,720 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening
>socket connection to server /
>2012-09-13 19:27:12,722 INFO
>org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: The identifier of
>this process is 17868@test110
>2012-09-13 19:27:12,731 WARN
>org.apache.zookeeper.client.ZooKeeperSaslClient: SecurityException:
>java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to locate a login configuration
>occurred when trying to find JAAS configuration.
>2012-09-13 19:27:12,731 INFO
>org.apache.zookeeper.client.ZooKeeperSaslClient: Client will not
>SASL-authenticate because the default JAAS configuration section 'Client'
>could not be found. If you are not using SASL, you may ignore this. On the
>other hand, if you expected SASL to work, please fix your JAAS
>2012-09-13 19:27:12,737 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x0
>for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting
>java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
>    at
>    at
>    at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1035)
>Arati Patro

View raw message