hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bijieshan <bijies...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: time series question
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:27:04 GMT
2 suggestions for discussion:

[Key-Schema 1]:  Sensor + time(milliseconds) + XXXX + V1V2V3

   XXXX :- M bytes random number.
   V1V2V3 :- Limit the length for each metrics. Likes v1=10, v2=8, v3=9. And the length we
set to 3. The value should be : 010008009.

[Key-Schema 2]:  Sensor + time(milliseconds) + XXXX
   XXXX :- M bytes random number.
  Just store the metrics in value part.

Jieshan

-----Original Message-----
From: Rita [mailto:rmorgan466@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:04 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Cc: Zhouxunmiao
Subject: Re: time series question

Jieshan,

v is not a version number. v1, v2, v3 are actually metrics.  My data is
 high frequency therefore in one second I can have several hundred entries
in it.

Would using nested entity work in such as case?

key=sensor+time
  cf=d
    cf:d,t1 (v1=0,v2=4,v3=0)
    cf:d,t2 (v1=0,v2=4,v3=0)
    cf:d,t2 (v1=0,v2=4,v3=2)

But now sure efficient this would be.

Also, for creating an entity like this. Would I need to do my own
serializing? would JSON work?