hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop Sam John <anoo...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Temporal in Hbase?
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 03:16:11 GMT
Hi
start_time and end_time are 2 qualifiers in your table.
You can use a FilterList with MUST_PASS_ALL ( AND condition)
Add SingleColumnValueFilter for each of the qualifier with the value and condition..

-Anoop-

From: Shumin Wu [shumin.wu@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 9:58 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Temporal in Hbase?

Hi,

I have a user case to "filter" out rows using an "as of" predicate. For
example, given a specific time point T, I would like to find all rows where
start_time<=T<=end_time.

Example hbase table schema:
row_key, col_A, col_B, start_time, end_time

I am wondering if there is any existing filter that allows me to do this.

If not, I guess I would have to write my own custom filter.

Thanks,

Shumin Wu