hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Amlan Roy" <amlan....@cleartrip.com>
Subject HBASE garbage collection problem
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 15:09:15 GMT
Hi,

I was doing some load testing on my cluster. I am writing to HBase (version
0.92.0) from 20 threads simultaneously. After running the program for some
time, one of my machines got unresponsive. I checked the GC log and found
occurrences of both "concurrent mode failure" and "promotion failed" on that
machine. I have the following configuration in hbase-env.sh:

export HBASE_REGIONSERVER_OPTS="$HBASE_REGIONSERVER_OPTS -Xmx4g -Xms4g
-Xmn128m -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=70 -verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGCDetails
-XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -Xloggc:/data/gc-hbase.log"

Please let me know if this configuration is incorrect.

Regards,

Amlan