hbase-user mailing list archives

From Corbett Martin <comar...@nhin.com>
Subject Update table schema via REST
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 18:15:08 GMT
According to the Stargate documentation (http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/Stargate) I should
be able to perform a POST operation to perform a table schema update.  The docs say to supply
a "well formed schema fragment" for a table schema update.  My issue is the test code below
always returns:

<pre>Method Not Allowed</pre>

What am I missing?  I cannot find any errors in the log files.

It's worth mentioning that I've been able to successfully create a table via the REST api
but now I want to use the api to make a table schema change, like in this example I want to
add a new column-family to a table.

class AlterTableExampleREST {

      private static final String ALTER_TABLE =

      public void modifyTable() throws IOException {
            // Setup a Cluster list adding all known REST server hosts
            Cluster cluster = new Cluster();
            cluster.add("", 8080);
            // Create Client to handle HTTP communication
            Client client = new Client(cluster);
            Response response = client.post("/TransactionREST/", "application/json",
            if(response != null) {
                  System.out.println("response code: " + response.getCode());
                  if(response.hasBody()) {
                        System.out.println("reponse body: " + Bytes.toString(response.getBody()));

Thanks in advance!

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of National Health
Systems, Inc. and may contain confidential and proprietary information. This email and any
files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. You are hereby notified that any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or
distribution of this message, or the taking of any unauthorized action based on information
contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of information contained herein
may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended
recipient, you should delete this message immediately and notify the sender immediately by
telephone or by replying to this transmission.