hbase-user mailing list archives

From Norbert Burger <norbert.bur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: issues copying data from one table to another
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:14:39 GMT
On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Michael Segel
<michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, what would happen if you could disable the table, alter the table's
max file size and then attempted to merge regions?  Note: I've never tried this, don't know
if its possible, just thinking outside of the box...

Good idea.  In this case, I'm free to disable the old, region-full
table.  Unfortunately, I've already started writing data into the
newer, lower-region-count table, so at some point I'll need to export
the data anyway.

Does it make sense that these perf issues are caused by using the
HBase client API (vs. bulk export)?  My next thought was to write a
custom mapper for importtsv, as Anil suggested

View raw message