hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sever Fundatureanu <fundatureanu.se...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OOME cause
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2012 17:32:47 GMT
Hi Kevin,

The heap was close to 100% as expected. The version is 0.92.0.
I can also add I am using the options: HBASE_OPTS="-XX:NewSize=64m
-XX:MaxNewSize=64m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC
-XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=70"
If I allocate .8 for memstore+blockCache, will HBase use only .2 even
if the .8 is not fully used ? Or will it use more, if for example the
memstore is empty?

Thanks,
Sever

--