hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase- Hadoop DFS size not decreased even after deleting a column family
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 16:57:48 GMT
Looking at TableDeleteFamilyHandler, I see:

  protected void handleTableOperation(List<HRegionInfo> hris) throws
IOException {
    // Update table descriptor in HDFS
    HTableDescriptor htd =
      this.masterServices.getMasterFileSystem().deleteColumn(tableName,
familyName);
    // Update in-memory descriptor cache
    this.masterServices.getTableDescriptors().add(htd);

MasterFileSystem.deleteColumn() calls:

    HTableDescriptor htd =
this.services.getTableDescriptors().get(tableName);
    htd.removeFamily(familyName);

I will dig some more.

But looks like there is a bug.