hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lucas Bernardi <luc...@gmail.com>
Subject Filtering values and Get.addColumn
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 21:51:02 GMT
Hello there, I'm struggling with a situation here.
I want to apply a value filter to a specific set of columns, like this:

Get get = new Get(keyBytes);
get.addColumn(Bytes.toBytes("test"), Bytes.toBytes(4));
get.addColumn(Bytes.toBytes("test"), Bytes.toBytes(5));
get.addColumn(Bytes.toBytes("test"), Bytes.toBytes(6));
get.setFilter(new MyValueFilter());

It looks like the filter is applied to the requested columns (4,5,6) and
the first column in the row (0 in my case),

This is bad for my case, because MyValueFilter will skip the entire row as
soon as it finds an odd value, so if the first column has an odd value, and
the columns 4,5, and 6 have even values, the outcome is wrong.

Is this a bug? Is this how it works?
Workarounds?

Thanks!
Lucas Bernardi